Wednesday 14 May 2008

Funky Flower Book Covers


These are my latest book covers. They have been in the pipline since February but it was not until I got my new stock of felt, cotton etc that they really took off. I have been making re-usable book covers for years and often get commissions for these. I really needed a new medium and since getting a new embroidery machine I have been trying out different materials. Denium covers were very popular but have worn off slightly, but bright and clashing is here to stay for a while. The two covers with the flowery fabric I made whilst sitting hopefully at the Craft Fair a couple of weeks ago. My time was not completely wasted I suppose. These will be finding their way to the Etsy shop by Sunday. I have several more cut out ready but I really want to get on with Sophie's quilt. I have just two more squares to do then make it up. I think that she has fogetton about it and I have tried to keep it out of sight as it would be great just to surprise her with it.

For those of you who looked in last week when Ofsted were in, we found out yesterday that we officaly a 'GOOD' school. Thank goodness for that! Many thanks for your support and comments on that.

I am typing this to you on my dinky new little laptop and more on that at the weekend once I have gotten my camera out again. Despite the cost it did not come with a case!? Hummmm I feel a small tutorial coming on. Better take my trusty camera to my sewing group tonight.


The builders have now gone so starting at the weekend I shall start loading some photos, but hubby must have smoe of the before ones so I need to track them down or you will not get the full effect.

Well not much has happend this week and due to work load I have not finished anything since the book covers. Sad isn't it? However I shall return with WIP's and anything I can now lay my hands on as the house is no longer quite the tip it was a week ago.

Best wishes!!
XX
P.S Website has gone live and I am adding items. Not as straight forward as Etsy!

13 comments:

April said...

Well done on the Ofsted result!

April xx

picciolo said...

well done on your ofsted result! And I can't wait to see your before and after photos!
: )

JuliaB said...

Lovely book covers! I have been making denim ones myself!

Anonymous said...

Your book covers are lovely!

I have replied via etsy re your giveaway - I'm such a dunce I couldnt find your contact details anywhere else!

Ursula

Anonymous said...

woo hoo well done on the ofsted. Love love LOVE the book covers they are fabulous

jacquie said...

The book covers are darling!

Purple and Paisley said...

i love the book covers...such happy colors! can't wait to see your pics! =)

Turtle said...

Very cute books!

Maria Oliveira - FazendoArte said...

they are very very pretty!

Ally Jay said...

I remember OFSTED so well done for surviving and getting a good result. Love the book covers.

Yummers! said...

The bright-colored book covers are so summer-like!! I love summer colors. I need to check out your shop and see what you've been creating.

Have a wonderful weekend!
Joni

Nan said...

These really are so cheerful and lovely as everyone else has already stated, making another comment saying the same thing sound shallow, but it's NOT, it's filled with admiration for your work on your felting projects! Hugs!

inkberryblue said...

The book covers are gorgeous!
...and I finally acknowledged your E~for~Excellence Award. Thank you.
Happy Sunday!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...