Sunday 28 February 2010

Chocolate Fudge Pudding

This is a simple and lovely pudding to make but can also be eaten like a cake too. It was given to me by my Mother in law. I have only made it once but it worked and it does not take long to make.
FUDGE TOPPING
40g Butter
40g soft dark brown sugar
15g Cocoa powder
2 Tbs single cream
50g walnuts finely chopped (could use something else crunchie if you have a nut allergy)
1). Place all ingredients in a heavy based pan.
Heat gently until boiling, stirring constantly, and boil for 30 seconds.
2). I put the walnuts in a bag and crushed with a rolling pin as chopping them they kept whizzing onto the floor!)
3). Line the base of a sandwich tin 20cm wide. (I used whichever one I had)
4). Pour the mixture into the tin and leave until cold.
CAKE MIXTURE
2 eggs
125g Caster sugar
125g Butter
125g Self raising flour
1 Tsp baking powder
1). Place all ingredients in a large bowl. Beat together until well mixed.
2). Place mixture on top of cooled fudge mixture, spread evenly with a palette knife.
3). Bake in a preheated oven 160 degrees for 40-45 minutes, until risen, golden brown and firm to the touch.
4). Leave in the tin for 5 mins.
5). Invert onto a serving plate and peel away the lining paper.
6). Serve hot (or cold) with cream or ice cream (we like custard too)
Easy peasy, it even came out of the tin easily and I was worried that I would have to chisel it out!
Try it, next time I may leave the cream out of the fudge to make it a bit more crispy.
After lunch Sophie and I having another Sunday baking session.
Aprons at the ready............
xx

7 comments:

picciolo said...

that looks delicious!
: )

wonderwoman said...

that looks scrumptious!!

xx

Kitty said...

OH wow - that looks fabulous. x

Kathleen said...

OMG...Pure yumminess!

Cindy said...

Oh my goodness that certainly looks scrumptious! I wonder if I can convert it into a sugar free one, hmmmm?

Unknown said...

Written down , ready to make ! Thanks it looks great .

inkberryblue said...

Yummo! This looks delicious. Thanks for the recipe. =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...