As part of my new venture into teaching Art I have been trying some new things. Making 3D sturctures using card and slotting together. This is my second attempt using ovals and it grew from the base upwards. The first model I tried using different sized triangles......well..... it looked awful, but the youngsters got the idea and theirs were much better! Trying to make something in just a few minutes did not help. With the one above I started it as a demo but then sat down with the class and made mine at the same time.
Some came to have a look and then went back to work on theirs. Worked out much better.
I have another model linked to a different group and project but it needs painting etc.
I am finally back in the saddle and went to my little sewing group tonight. First time since the end of August. I finished my first Christmas item but no picture yet. You may remember a table runner which has been sitting waiting for some TLC, that is next. So my sewing mojo is coming back gradually and I promise not to go on forever about models and colouring with felt tip pens but it has really helped lately and I have found a new interest too.
Next week my TA and I are starting up our after school club again. Just could not do it before now, got some ideas too which will involve knitting but we are going to expand into other crafts too.