I will add the photo once I have tracked the file down which seems to have gone AWOL at the moment, typical. Anyway here is how to make these lovely snack bars very quick and easy.
125g/5ozs Rolled Porridge Oats
1. Melt the margarine and sugar in a saucepan over a low heat. Stir all the time with a wooden spoon.
2. Remove the saucepan from the heat and mix in the rolled oats. Stir until well mixed Add additional ingredients. (See end of instructions for suggestion).
3. Spoon into a greased sandwich tin. (Victoria sponge tine or perhaps a 6inch wide foil tray). Spread evenly.
4. Bake at 180 degrees c / Gas Mark 4 for 15-20 minutes until just turning brown.
5. Mark the mixture into wedges or rectangles. Leave to cool.
6. Lift the snack bars out of the tray carefully on to a cooling rack.
*You could change the type of sugar that you use.
*Add some syrup.
May be add 25g of grated apple, raisins, chopped nuts etc.
Perhaps cinnamon, nutmeg, or mixed spice.
Select an additional ingredient but obviously not all of them!! Thought I should make that clear, could end up with something a bit odd otherwise.
Have fun with this, off to have a look for that photo.................