Saturday 28 February 2015

Art Journal Page - Blue

After creating my Blue ATC cards and I still had all of the materials out I thought another page in my Art journal would be a good next step.
A double page spread using the same shades of colour.  I stuck the pages together and put a blue watercolour wash on the background.  On the left hand side I added coloured tissue paper using decoupage glue and once dried i ran some blue oil pastels over the surface to show up the creases.
The lettering is cut out of thick blue craft paper and attached with tacky glue with white pen to look like stitching.
Behind the lettering i added some textured fabric and metal gauze.
On the opposite side I put a copy of one of the ATC cards which I transferred on to card and added behind that some more of the blue silk and metal gauze.
For the first time I added to text as well.
Around the edge I added some Aqua crayons which I did not add any water to but left looking a bit sketchy.
I am still not sure if the right hand page might need something else but then to clutter it up would perhaps detract from the overall appearance.
Not many more pages to go in this book and I have started another page which links to patterns.  I have not yet finished that so more on that another time.
xx
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...