Thursday 31 July 2014

Back Home to Re-pack

 After two days of very unsettled weather and more rain in Seaford than I have ever seen in all the years I have been visiting, Tuesday was a blistering hot day so we decided to take Sophie to Aqua which is a mini water park in Eastbourne.  It was lovely to just sit and watch her have fun.  In the past parents have not been allowed or encouraged to go on the slides etc but this year there did not seem to be a restriction which we did not realise otherwise we would have taken our swimming stuff as well.  It is at times like this that a brother or sister to play with would have been more fun for her.
I got half way through my second book of the holidays (goodness what is going on, it usually takes me months to read a book and makes me wonder what else I should in fact be doing instead).
On our way home we nearly visited Eastbourne pier and we were really sad to see it on fire yesterday on the News.
The first book I finished on Saturday is shown above and I bought it at a charity event last year.  I have read many of Erica James books after being bought one several years ago as a birthday present.  It is what I would call an easy read and follows the lives of a group of people who have chances meetings that lead on to life changing events and their paths cross many times before a conclusion is reached.  I like this sort of book which I can pick up and put down without forgetting what was going on!
If you see it in the library it would be worth picking it up and tryng it.
At the water park I started a free book that I found on my Kindle and the very short write up and the picture on the front made me upload it and it has been a real page turner but more on that once I have finished it.
We are now home  and the washing has been done and today we are packing again to catch a plane tomorrow to Corfu to catch our cruise ship to go around the Aegean Sea.  I intend on taking this netook so I can try and blog as I go along but last year the Internet connection was not very good so we shall see what happens.
I have realised that I have not posted any pictures from my school trip to Spain so after we have been to collect some Euros etc I shall pop back and schedule a post from Barcelona.
It has been all go recently but it is often like that here, noting happens for months then it suddenly changes and lots has to be fitted in.  
For example, my website has been so quiet that I nearly scrapped it this Easter and then yesterday I have an order and a commission made using it.  Seeing as my timetable may give me more time next year I shall give it more attention and see how it goes by next Easter so when I get back I shall upload some bags and items that I have made recently in time for later in the year!  
Take care all.
xx

1 comment:

Ali said...

I hope you have a lovely time on your cruise. I'm guessing there will be more reading and crafting with Sophie. I have been wondering what those looms bands were. My children were little when the scoubidou cords were about and I still have a keyring my daughter made for me. Have a relaxing time.
Ali xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...