Monday, 30 June 2014

Pin Cushion - Revamp


I took a tired old cross stitched cover off this pincushion and the layer underneath was not much better either!
So I unscrewed the base and took this layer off too.
I then went off to find some lovely, cheerful and summery fabric and I found this.........
I decided  to stretch it over the sponge and wooden base rather than gluing it or using a staple gun which did not work as I did try that first!
What do you think?
My much loved and much used wooden based pin cushion,  now has a new lease of life.
Have a good week and thank you for the comments left.  I shall reply now that I have completed my end of year reports.
Take care
xx

6 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

nice pincushion.........

Ali said...

Your revamped pincushion looks gorgeous. I love the fabric you've used.
Ali xx

Brynwood Needleworks said...

Oh, dear Andrea;
This one is soooo much better, and perfectly YOU! Sorry I haven't visited much. I'll try to do better.
Happy Summer, girlfriend!
xo
Donna

Joanne Wilson said...

Your pin cushion is looking great,the fabric you used is just lovely!

Emma Jones said...

Great makeover for your old pincushion - that fabric is lovely!

Lynne said...

Pincushion looks lovely - I have a similar needlepoint one which I have NEVER been happy with, I didn't quite get the needlepoint smooth enough and it is a bit bumpy - I think I might re-do it having seen yours!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...