Sunday 2 March 2014

Future Crochet Plan/Hope

The above is a pattern that can be purchased from Sarah London. I bought it a while ago and I hoped to have a go at making it for this summer in a summery colour or in ivory.  I would need to perhaps change the sleeves somehow as they are quite flared and knowing me I would dip them in every dinner I wore it!
Last night I thought I could have at least had a go at a bit of crochet, I have three working (if a bit achy) fingers on my left hand so I thought I would crochet a leaf.  Well.............what a mess and oh the pain so I ended up at in my chair doing nothing!  Now I do have far too much work with the day job and perhaps I should be glad that has been curtailed a bit, however sitting there nothing is not ideal either.  I did struggle to finish it but not worthy of a blog picture.  So I looked for further ideas to progress my crochet skills online which is where I stumbled upon Sarah's jumper pattern and remembered that I had it saved on my laptop.  I shall look into finding some yarn and once this hand/finger issue is sorted out, then that will be my next project.    I realise it is Granny squares again but this time it would be a garment, so still a challenge as iI would like it to fit.
I love the colour combination that Sarah has used but I am not sure that I would be brave enough to wear it or indeed be able to carrying off.  What do you think?
Hope you have had a good weekend.
Many thanks for the lovely and supportive comments for my last post and I shall reply but typing is slow with one hand or an awkward combination of just 7 fingers!
Good telly tonight though "Call the Midwife" and "The three Musketeers".
Been watching the Sewing Bee on iPlayer.  The challenges have been much better this year, ones you could try yourself and the contestants have been good creatively.  Really liked the ideas that they came up with for the shirt recycling challenge.
Anyway, best go dinner is nearly ready (cooked by hubby).
Take care all.
Have a good week.
xx

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sweater took me right back to the seventies!

Don't try to force your fingers to do what they can't at present, you will achieve it eventually.

Tatkis said...

Charming jacket - good luck with making it.
Take good care of your hand!

Hugs,
Tatyana

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...