I was lucky enough to have much of Sunday afternoon to work on my homework for my evening class. I am off again tomorrow but thought I would show you what I have been working on since last week.
Above is another poppy seed head using a more colourful background and ripped edges.
Our other task was to start to think about how are sketchbook would look. So I ripped the first front pages and put it over on the right using a masking tape hinge and them added colour across the two pages. I made my own printing block for my lesson as school and used that. Hope that is ok but much of it will be covered anyway. Just trying out ideas really.
My printing block as diluted coffee.
This picture has tilted on its side but you can see the front page and the hinged ripped pages over lapping. Something will be seen through the gap making you want to turn the page. (Hopefully!)
We then need to do some more bigger drawings so I used a lotus flower seed pod which I have had for years. I draw the whole thing then moved on to doing a close up drawing.
Blendable pencils and black pen.
I really need to do another one so once I have done some tasks for the day job this evening I shall see what I can come up with. I thought maybe the inside of an orange.