Tuesday 3 May 2011

Crochet Colour - OPAM April

My OPAM finishes have been a bit thin on the ground during April. The day job has been very busy at the moment, but hopefully May will be more productive. This crochet blanket was quite a big project and some of you may remember that I started it on Christmas day evening.

Is four months about average for this type of project?

My last blanket was made using the Granny stitch in stripes and was sort of rectangular. So this one I decided to make square.

I finished the blanket last Thursday evening and spent Friday adding a picot edging whilst watching the Royal Wedding. This is only the second time that I have tried Picot edging so it is not exactly perfect but I am getting there. Self taught via Youtube!
The wool I used is called Kon-Tiki by Stylecraft and it is 50% cotton and 50% acrylic. It is lovely and soft and great to work with. It is so warm (I have used it already) and the blanket is quite heavy. The colours are quite bright and I used a 4.5mm gauge hook, 136 chain to start and crochet each colour row twice to get the thickness of stripe shown. I kept crocheting until it was square. Not very well planned I suppose but I knew what I wanted it to look like.

Toffy does not miss a trick and when he saw me sat down taking pictures he decided to get in on the act. I really had a struggle to take these pictures with a cat climbing all over me and the blanket. I manged to keep him off it but he still has to get one paw on it!!

He is such a cheeky cat. By the way it was his first birthday on 23rd April.


As regular visitors will know I am self taught in crochet and I do struggle with understanding charts and I am getting better with written patterns. Youtube had been sooo useful though.

I have another crochet project planned but several other WIPS that need finishing first.
...............................................................

Remember that if you would like to take part in my Royal wedding Giveaway the details are feature on the previous post.

...........................................................

I have quite a back log of things to post so I shall see you again tomorrow.

Take care.

xx

3 comments:

BumbleBri said...

I love these colors. I think 4 months, when you are working and have plenty other things to do is about normal :) Congrats on the finished blanket!

Unknown said...

Wow your blanket looks so beautiful and soft and so does Toffy !

Mail Art Dramas said...

such cheerful colors, very nice.
jill

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...