Friday 11 March 2011

Balloon Juggle Bags

"You are never too old to learn!" I have often been told that and on Wednesday I think it came true. One of my students was researching our topic on the Internet and put his hand up to show me a You tube clip on how to make a lovely set of Juggle Bags which directly linked to our work. Seeing as I do not know how to put a Youtube link here I thought I would show you what I made.

You will need:

*9 Balloons

*Rice/ something really cheap.

*Scissors

*Thin plastic bags similar to those that you find in the supermarket.

Put some of the rice into one of the bags. I worked out how much I needed by eye and all three of the juggle bags are slightly uneven in size, they look about the size of a ping pong ball.

Trim off the excess section of the bag.

Trim off the top of the balloon so that you are left with the bottom section.

You will then need to stretch the balloon over the bag of rice, carefully so as not too split it. You will be left with a space and the rice can be seen.

Put a second balloon over the gap on the top of the juggle ball.

With a third balloon carefully cut some holes into it. Make sure not to over do this, or you will end up ripping it as you try to put it over the juggle bag.

This will enable the colour below to show through and make the juggle bag stronger.

Of course I need three to be able to juggle, oh who am I kidding.....I can not juggle but my hubby can!!
Sophie made the one shown in the centre and has requested that she has this making item at her next birthday. She is very organised and is already thinking ahead to November! Sophie has already asked for a party at home next time and decided that parties in a hired venue are not cosy enough. She is a sweetie, my purse heaved a sigh of relief as well.
These are very easy to make and fun for a rainy afternoon.
Nothing new I suppose, but may be of interest.
xx

3 comments:

Gone to Earth said...

Oh Andrea! They look like fantastic fun... I know some 16 year olds that would find that a brilliant thing to be trying... Hope you're well. Jxx

Kandi said...

They are great what a clever idea.
Might set my kids away with them tomorrow and see how they get on (and what they break juggling!).
Kandi x

Indigo Blue said...

Glad you like them. We had lots of fun making them. Very easy to do and not expensive either.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...