Sunday 28 November 2010

Quilting by the Book

Above are just some of the blocks that I have made recently and I do have to thank this book for helping me.

I have had so much inspiration from this book. One of the things that I like about it is that it suggests different ways to use the same block, either by changing the colour combination, sequence of using the block or how to combine blocks together. It is also very easy to follow and there are useful photocopiable templates.


Very colourful pages and you can see at the bottom of the page the various combinations.

Clear instructions ans measurements are given and so far (touch wood) I have had no trouble what so ever in making each of these blocks up first time. They also enlarge very easily to produce larger final blocks.

Now, I dare say that most of what I have written here is not new to some, but every so often out of all of the books you buy, one just pops up as a "I am so glad I bought that book, I use it all the time!" This is one of those books.

I completely recommend it, especially if you are learning to do patchwork, or if you would like a lovely book to look at and gain ideas.

xx

3 comments:

Fenland Textile Studio said...

Hi
I got this book for a friend who was new to patchwork and she loves it. She's made some fantastic things. Hope you are keeping warm down there. Hugs x

Ann Summerville said...

Looks like there are some great ideas in the book.
Ann

val said...

I have the Crochet book on this idea, but haven't seen it for quilting. It looks a really great book for inspirations and if you make enough blocks, it will be a fabulous quilt top.
Hope you have a wonderful creative 2011 ......
Val xx Oxfordshire

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...