Monday 19 January 2015

Doodle Blot to Art Journal

You may remember that I created this ink blot back in December HERE.http://indigo-blue-designs.blogspot.co.uk/2014/12/doodle-blot.html
 Then with a sharpie pen I added some Doodles.
Which resulted in the above drawing.
Well after that I was not really sure what else to do with it so it has been sitting in a plastic wallet in the sewing room.
Then I decided to throw caution to the wind and just "Do" something with it.
I Gessoed some pages and them added spirals and other simple details taken from the background of the initial drawing.  I used a white pastel and purple and lilac watercolour paints over the top.
I then ripped out the drawing to form a jagged edge and added ink to the very edges of it using more purple coloured ink.
Once it was stuck down with Tacky Glue I started to add some more details to the background using these.....
The inktense pencils are not quite the colour I was expecting from the pencil cover so I advise you try it out in a scrap piece of paper before adding to work, just to be sure.
I am quite pleased with how it turned out considering it was a piece of scrap paper used to protect the table beneath.  I am not sure if it needs a little something else adding to it, but because I am not entirely sure what that something else is I think that perhaps for now I shall leave it as it is.
Have a good week.
xx

3 comments:

Jo@awholeplotoflove said...

I like the doodles, it really sets it off. Sometimes its good to leave something and come back to it.

Ali said...

I love what you've done with the ink blot. I want to make some calligraphy pictures for our hall and I'm wondering if I should try out your ink blot technique for a back ground.
Ali xx

Lynn said...

Hi Andrea!
Love this! I bet you would be excellent at Zentangle! It is the greatest thing! I can't draw, but I can do Zentangle. Hope all is well!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...