Well it has been a busy weekend and I have managed to do some of what I planned.
I made my shoe bags by cutting off both trouser legs as shown above.
I decided to use the hems of the trousers to create a ready-made drawstring channel by opening up the seam slightly and I also top stitched around the outer edge to stop the seam from becoming undone too far. Using a safety pin I threaded through what was in fact the trouser tie cord which I took out and recycled to make the drawstring for my shoes bags. Waste not want not as they say.
Then, I stitched down the inside to straighten it up a little and across the base to close up the leg.
Hey presto! A bag whereby I managed to also include the embroidery and beading detail which had been a feature of the summer trousers.
Trousers of course have two legs, generally, so I made a second bag!
Knotted the ends together to secure the cording.
I am pleased with these and I shall be using them when I go on the school trip to Spain next month. I have been going on about making some for years.........better late then never. I think I may make a couple more to keep some of my shoes dust free in my wardrobe as well.
I also went through the dresses that the Textiles Club are making as got everyone to the same stage, only had three things to do. They are working in pairs and doing really well considering for some this is their first garment make.
So Monday tomorrow and the start of another week.
Off to bed to read my book with a cup of tea.