Wednesday 14 May 2014

Le Challenge - Nature

Well, I have finally completed the WIP I blogged about in a previous post and it is also my entry for the May NATURE challenge for Le Challenge.
I bought this years ago in Exeter at one of The Creative Stitches exhibitions at Westpoint and started it quite happily and then for some reason did  not complete it.  I feel a sense of Dejavous here.....anyway.
The kit is designed by Richard Box and he actually sold it to me.  I think it was called Daisies but I can not be sure.  I love my daisies as regular readers will know and the lovely ox-eye daisies that were sent to me by a fellow blogger are starting their growth spurt ready for later in the summer.
This sample is created by cutting up fabric and laying on the background.  Roughly applique to attach it to a background.  Detail is then added using various thicknesses of thread by hand as well as free machine embroidery which was the technique which attracted me to this kit in the first place.
The next stage was what to do with it know and due to the size it is too big for yet another pin cushion or too small for a book cover so in the end I decided to..........
Brave the weather (bright sunshine one minute and monsoon rains the next) to go to Truro and buy a frame.  I had a real job trying to take this picture without catching the reflection of everything in the room including me but I hope you can see the overall effect.
So here is my May entry to Le Challenge on the theme of NATURE.
Plus another UFO completed.  Can not wait to see what the next theme is....hey I am on a roll after all.
xx

13 comments:

Made by Mrs Jones x said...

What wonderful workmanship! Great link up for Le Challenge Nature.

Ali said...

I think you made the right choice putting it in a frame. It shows it off really well, the colours are wonderful.
Ali xx

helenjean@midgetgemquilts said...

hi there, love this project, it looks really well. Well done

Paula said...

A really beautiful piece and I think framing it was a wonderful idea. It will be lovely to have always on display.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Looks fantastic....

Wendy said...

this is so very lovely...you did a great job and now have one more ufo marked off...yay!

DeborahGun said...

wow - what a lot of work, but completely worth it. It is very pretty, and framing is a great way of displaying and enjoying it :-)

Steph Blair said...

I can't even imagine how long this must have taken. Great framed up result.

Vera said...

wow, that's neat. well done for the theme.

Mina said...

Very nice, and it looks like hard work to create the flower

Lynne said...

That is a beautiful piece of work, I do like his designs. You could have done similar and added a frame of similar fabric and made the cushion cover .... just sayin'!

Lucy | Charm About You said...

I was going to say exactly what Deborah said!! Thanks for linking up :)

Nat at Made in Home said...

Whoah! That looks like a lot of work - but the result is amazing! Thanks for sharing on le challenge.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...