Sunday 9 March 2014

What a HOOT! -OPAM March

Nearly a week after I tried to re-shape my finger I decided to have a go at finishing a kit that came with a magazine using the sewing machine.  I have been going to work and having to help the students with some of their practical work after all.
I started this little chap months ago but he went on the back branch (burner) as other things took over.
I bought this magazine to see what it was like but not really bothered since.  I do feel that many of the magazines seem very similar at the moment.
He is meant to be a doorstop but I can not bear the idea of him being thrown on the floor by a door.  I have stuffed him with toy stuffing (the most painful part for my hand) and a small bag of rice in his tummy to weigh him down a bit and he now has pride of place in my car!
It took about an hour to finish him and it was painfully slow but not too bad.  My other fingers were glad for the exercise and it felt good to make something so it was a tonic for me.  Finger swelled up but you can not have everything and I was told to move it as pain allowed so I am not damaging anything.
I can certainly see the mis-shapening of my finger and where the cycst is and I suppose that I because I have annoyed it.
So the start of a new week and I wish everyone a good week ahead, the weather is supposed to be improving too.
xx

3 comments:

Mail Art Dramas said...

Sounds like you are on the mend, and busy! Cute owl!

Tatkis said...

What a cute owl! Certainly better as toy than as doorstop :)

Hugs,
Tatyana

Anonymous said...

The thought of your pain has me cringing for you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...