Saturday 15 March 2014

Le Challenge March - Order


After I posted last night I realised that it is the deadline this weekend for the March entry of Le Challenge.  Now, due to other things I have not entered anything for this in ages but last weekend I did start to sort out my entry and with one thing and another (see last post) I forgot.  So I quickly got it it all together and stitched on the backing so hopefully it is not too late. 
This month the theme is ORDER and I decided to use the above stitching which is on a linen and my idea of order was thinking back to the ordered flower beds and gardens of many stately homes in the UK many of which are now owned by the National Trust.  So think Topiary trees, the renowned garden designer Capability Brown and little box hedges.  This was a kit that I bought from a National Trust shop years ago  but has been sitting around ever since but I felt it fitted the bill.

I stitched  some lovely blue fabric on the back, stuffed it and it is now an over sized pincushion.
I need some new pincushions as my others have worn out and they gradually flatten with the constant pushing in of pins over time.
I even picked out my blue and white pins for the occasion!
Best go and upload it to the Le Challenge blog.
xx

9 comments:

Indianna said...

Looks lovely and useful too.

Nat at Made in Home said...

I could not change your picture... I think it did not appear as the first pics, but as 5th or later... Anyway a great entry for le challenge!

Lucy | Charm About You said...

Sorry you couldn't link the picture - this is so beautiful! I adore stitched pincushions, they are so useful and pretty. Well done on finishing and thank you for linking up to le challenge!

jeifner said...

I was wondering about the picture of the flowers :) The pinny looks great, very ordered and pretty!

helenjean@midgetgemquilts said...

A lovely pin cushion and useful too . A good idea for some of those little cross stitch kits I have ,

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

That is so pretty...

Tatkis said...

Lovely pincushion!

Hugs,
Tatyana

Wendy said...

how lovely! I love that design, it's sort of Art Deco

CJ said...

What a wonderful pincushion, good luck with your entry.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...