Sunday 30 March 2014

Happy Mothers Days - I have been spoilt!

I can not believe that it has been a week since I was last here!  Where has the time gone.  Anyway, this morning I was woken up to these from Sophie................
A lovely bouquet of flowers with gorgeous colours.
Sophie then made this cooked breakfast for us all under the watchful eye of Dad.  We have a little heart shaped frying pan which only gets used a couple of times a year and has nearly been thrown out on many occasions.
A Mummy snow globe.....a new one on me that.  Did not know they even exisited.
I can not remember the last time I was given a balloon, might have been my 40th but no one here is sure, very colourful though.  I have put it in the front room window.
A handmade card and some chocolates which Sophie and I will open later.  Hubby had to drive to Sussex after breakfast but we shall keep a few for him.  He is away all week so this may be a hard idea to follow through but we shall try.
Then my favourite thing, hand made gifts and Sophie made these at Guides on Tuesday.  A Suffolk puff and button brooch and a wool and pipe cleaner flower.  She also made some blue and green earrings at her Guide activity day last weekend but I was wearing them and forgot to include them in the picture.
I have been thoroughly spoilt and at the moment I am writing this and about to do some work on my A level sketchbook and Sophie has her T-shirt quilt spread out on the living room floor pinning on the wadding.  

We are then going over to my in-laws for dinner..........all in all a good day.
Happy Mothers Day to all those Mums out there .
XX

4 comments:

Josie said...

Sophie did you proud, what a clever girl. Looking forward to seeing her finished quilt!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Lots of spoiling...happy Mothers Day

Kitty said...

I remember reading your blog when Sophie was a much smaller little girl. She is clearly taking after you in the talented-textile-crafter world. What lovely gifts. I'm glad you had a nice day :)

Mouse Cottage Crafts said...

hello
love your blog its amazing

lots of love
mousey

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...