It has been quite a week, hence little in the way of posts. However, to follow on from the needle case that I showed a few posted back I thought that you might like to see an earlier one that I made.
Cream cotton was used which I then top stitched with silver thread.
I added clear and pearlised sequins. Plus gimping cord which I over twisted to form the texture that you can see in the above picture. I couched it down here and there to attach it.
I sandwiched a loop of narrow ribbon between the front and some lining and together with a round bead I created a simple fastening.
Some crisp white felt cut with pinking shears and stitched between the front and back cover to hold plenty of pins, needles and safety pins.
The overall colour scheme is white and ice blue enhanced with clear seed beads attached with clear nylon thread so that they look like they are sitting on the surface.
I really enjoyed making this, in fact I made two and gave one away as part of an Embroiderers Guild Project.
May be it is time to make another one but with a different colour scheme.
Take care all.