Wednesday 2 January 2013

My Chooky Blue Swap Parcel -Thank you

My parcel from Jan (Little Red Hen) turned up well before the deadline but due to being on a cruise ship over Christmas I did not get a chance to open it until I got back.  What a lovely surprise when I opened it!
A lovely blue floral shoulder bag which is sooooo me with a magnetic clasp and strong handle.  Lovely shape too.
 
A lovely striking red floral lining (red is another of my favourite colours)
But that was not all.  Inside I found a craft card for making some felt decorations and I think I shall be making a few of these for next year.
A lovely little snap purse in matching colours.
 
Oh, blogger is being silly again but here is a fully lined drawstring bag and inside here was a delightful ceramic cupcake button, some blue embroidery thread and a lovely felt flower corsage.
So much time had been put into this parcel that I could not believe the thoughtfulness that Jan had shown me.  My ohh's and ahh's brought my husband to come and look, he loves the bag too and he commented on how neat and well made it is and he is right.
 
Before Christmas we were allowed to open the card and tree decoration so I was amazed that not only was there one but......
two lovely felt decorations which I have hung up in the kitchen.
 
I have never taken part in this swap before and missed on two other occasions so I was delighted to get in this time and the range of items, skills and ideas that have been made has been very impressive indeed.
Many thanks again Jan, I have been spoilt totally and I shall make sure that I look at and use your gifts every day and your tree decorations will be stored away carefully and brought out for many Christmas to come!!
 
I would also like to thank Chooky Blue as the organisation od this swap so close to a very busy time of year must have been a massive task but organised briliantly.
xx
 
 
 
 


6 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

Indigo blue.........chookyblue.......of course blue is the perfect colour bag to have.....love the fabric........thanks for being part of the SSCS 2012

Jan said...

thanks so much for your lovely comments, Andrea.You are most welcome; I really enjoyed putting your parcel together. FYI: The little drawstring bag was designed by Lisa Cox (Spoonful of Sugar) in Perth, Western Australia, its blue and gold wattle fabric was designed by the late Ruth Stoneley from Brisbane and was hoarded for just the right project and the little birds pattern is my friend Jodie Ric-Rac's design. Some little pieces of Australia specially for you.
Happy New Year, Andrea; I hope your hip problems are sorted out soon.

WendyCarole said...

That was a great parcel to receive. I love the bag.

Tatkis said...

Adorable gifts, congratulations, Andrea!
May be next year I'll join too :)

Hugs,
Tatyana

Anthea said...

Wow I do love that bag, great colours! What lovely gifts from Jan...
visiting from SSCS list

Michelle said...

Great SSCS gifts! It is a great swap to join!
I am also visiting everyone on the SSCS list.
Michelle.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...