Monday 15 October 2012

Texture - In search of....

I have been so busy this past week  (or month even)  that I have been very neglectful of my poor blog.  Weekend before last we all went off in search of texture for my Art Textiles evening class in the form of photographs.  here are some of my favourites.....................
Peeling bark.  Love this one!
Lichen absolutely everywhere!!!
Even more tree bark with lovely texture just waiting to be stitched.  Can you tell that i enjoyed this little trip.  I took over 50 pictures and had to really slim down my choices.
The leaves are starting to turn colour and I love Autumn colours.
Felt and machine embroidery perhaps?
Plenty of rain equals plenty of fresh, bright green moss.  Lots of hand stitching for this one I think.
I have printed off what i consider to be the best and I shall be adding them to my sketchbook which at the moment is with the course tutor for a bit of assessing.  I had my written piece of work marked last week and I got an A+!!   Did not think that after these years something as simple as getting a good grade for a bit of writing could feel so good!
Tonight I have printed it out properly on some nice cream card and with then present it on my sketchbook this coming evening class.
So it is back to the work table as i now need to start another sample by painting and then stitching into it. I have one that I completed yesterday but I now need to take some pictures so that I can post it here.  That will have to wait until another time.
Take care all and I hope to post more this week.....hopefully.
xx


2 comments:

Tatkis said...

Wonderful nature photos!
I love oaks so much :)

Hugs,
Tatyana

Mail Art Dramas said...

I've been collecting photos for image ideas for future projects. taking texture photos will be on my list for my next photo walk...I hope tomorrow the sun will be out so I can walk about with my camera.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...