I started this post several days ago it is now Tuesday. I have had problems with blogger not letting me put pictures on at angles which will enable you to see what I have made.
But, I have finally won!!
At work we are issued with a general diary/planner for all of our lessons etc. When we first go them 6 years ago I did create covers to personalise etc, but for the past couple of years I have created my dairy bag and laptop covers instead. So seeing as I was due to go away a nice little sewing project which would not take up too much room in my suitcase was needed.
Regular readers and visitors to my Etsy shop (Which is being re-organised) will perhaps recognise this idea. I designed my first felt flower book cover way back in 2005, wow where has the time gone. I have changed it for this version as no two of my designs are ever exactly the same, that is afterall part of it being handmade.
All felt pieces are hand cut using shapes that I have created. I like to layer the sections up in colours that add to the design.
Each section is hand stitched down using DMC embroidery threads. The centres of the flowers are metal brads.
I do prefer straight running stitch as it does not detract away from the design itself. I wanted to add more to this design by including some hand embroidery in green for stems. Buttons to add as buds plus some more blue brads to add further texture.
Finally, a little controlled glitz in the form of iridescent sequins here and there. I finally used only about 5 or 6 of them.
I also included some chain stitch on the outer blue leaves of the largest flower.
I will attach it to my planner when I get home and it has spurred me on to making more designs to add to Etsy in time for December I just wish I had packed more felt....never mind!