Monday 25 April 2011

Easter Cupcakes

I do not really need much of a reason for making cupcakes, but the Easter Holidays is a good one.

I used the recipe that you can find in the margin to make the cakes themselves and added a little vanilla flavouring.
I found the largest nozzle for the icing on the top. I confess to using pre-made butter icing as I do not like the taste of adding icing sugar to butter, never have done.

I like to use Betty Crocker butter icing which you can find in any large supermarket or baking shop.

The larger nozzle gives a much fuller swirl on top of the cupcake. I really enjoyed doing this bit and was sorry when I ran out of cakes!!

The eggs came with an Easter egg that Sophie was given. Solid chocolate.
I always associate Easter with Spring and in turn with flowers, so the cupcakes needed some flowers.

Whilst at Hobbycraft I found some pastel icing in the speciality cake section, and using one of my cutters that is the size of a 1 pence piece, made some flowers.

Sophie and I hunted around and found several more flower cutters ( is this the start of an obsession?) and used different ones and added them in threes on the cupcakes. In the centre we put a little bit of glittery tube decoration used to decorate biscuits and there you have it. Easter baking.

We took them over to Grandma and Grandad.

Hope you all have had a good Easter, the weather here has been unbelievable, bright blue skies, very warm, sunny. Oh if only it was like this more often. But to have two weeks of this lovely weather is brilliant.

Back to work tomorrow! Three day week though.

Take care all

xx

3 comments:

Cindy said...

Your cupcakes are just soooo cute and adorable!! I'm sure they were loved by all!

Hugs XX
Barbara

Pomona said...

Lovely looking cakes! I hope that going back to work has not been too traumatic.

Pomona x

Louise said...

Grandma and Grandad must have been well impressed with those cupcakes. The way you have done the icing and the decorations is impeccable. x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...