I started by looking at all of the pockets and wondering how I could take their storage use a stage further. We were due to go to the Eden project and I always take my camera....and with that an idea was born...
The flowers were all in full bloom so as we wandered round I snapped away with the camera and took loads of pictures.
I then slid the pictures into the pockets and sealed up the opening with a row of stitching. Once I had filled all of the pockets with pictures I then stitched up the sides. I did fold it right sides together before stitching and this was fine until I needed to turn the bag the right way round. It got there in the end but it was a struggle as there is very little give in it.
The next stage was to add some handles...
...because the top edge of the bag was already finished, because I used the finished edge of the organiser to my advantage, all I needed to do was to add some webbing handles. I left the inside as it was, the whole bag is wipe clean and it is very colourful!!
In case you missed the purse that I made to go with it....
This was a very off the cuff make so I did not really plan a tutorial for the bag but in my side bar I do have a more detailed explanation for the above purse.
So do pop over to see Barb and think about taking part. There is also a lot of inspiration and information to be found on her blog as well.
Well, I am now off to play with Sophie and her vast collection of Polly Pocket dolls, enjoy the rest of your evening.