Tuesday 7 April 2015

Hooky Happiness

Two days of lovely weather meant spending time outside to rediscover the garden.  So what about the third day?  Well an impending dental appointment due to a broken tooth sustained whilst watching Home at the cinema last week was one activity, but apart from that nothing too drastic.
I started the day by sitting outside and doing some work for the day job which went very well and it always does when the sun is shining and you can sit out in the garden to work.
Once that was done, for the mean time, I wondered what next.  Now going into the sewing room was one idea but the blue skies and sun meant sitting outside some more was more appealing so Crochet seemed more appropriate.
I am working on my black edged Granny square blanket which is my long term project and I work 10 squares then add a row of black wool as I join them together.
I am using Style craft soft double knit and it is one of the colour bags put together by Attic 24.
I want to have an even spread of colours and make sure I use all of them, even the ones I am not quite so keen on.  Above is a colour combination that Sophie put together and I liked it so much that I made two squares.  I think that if I get stuck again Sophie will be called in as my colour coordinator.
The blanket itself is gradually growing and I think that the black really shows up the colours.  I did make a scarf in this style a few years ago that some long time readers may remember.
I like my little crochet pouch where I keep all of my hooks, scissors, tape measure etc.  It is the one that I made for the project that I submitted to Sewhip Magazine and was printed, it has been really useful.  I want to make some bigger versions of these at some point.  Add that to the list.  I also like to line up my colour combinations to get an idea of what they will look like once they are worked together.
I keep it all in the large wicker basket that I have had for years and years.  Makes it very portable for taking around the house and garden.  It has had many uses including storing magazines, books and fabric at various times.
I spent a lovely hour or two outside and added to my square tally, wonder what the weather is doing tomorrow?
Does anyone else have a project on their Hook at the moment?
XX
PS Dentist said problem was not as bad as I thought it was and it got sorted out in about 15 mins!

3 comments:

Jo@awholeplotoflove said...

It's coming along really well. These sunny days are wonderful for a spot of crochet in the garden aren't they? I've just finished a granny stripe blanket, apart from weaving in the ends & debating on whether to add a border or not! On the plus point I do have enough yarn left over for another granny square blanket. Good news about the dentist trip! xx

cristina said...

His blanket will be so beautiful! and black really look well with the other colors! you ask me on my blog how as I make the sunset photo? So I did it without using anything special, just with my NIKON digital putting landscape option. I can not say much ... I'm not an expert in photography! I'm just learning from my mistakes of amateur ... The sunset was very beautiful...
Have a nice day and kisses from Catalonia!

cristina said...

His blanket will be so beautiful! and black really look well with the other colors! you ask me on my blog how as I make the sunset photo? So I did it without using anything special, just with my NIKON digital putting landscape option. I can not say much ... I'm not an expert in photography! I'm just learning from my mistakes of amateur ... The sunset was very beautiful !
Have a nice day and kisses from Catalonia!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...