Monday 13 April 2015

Royal Powder Compact - Collection


 Over the Easter weekend hubby and I dropped Sophie off with the in laws for a couple of days and we decided to pop over to visit a large antique fair.
Long time readers will know about my compact collection which I started before I was married and I have now reached the point where it is hard finding new additions.  In fact I have not bought one for a long time.
This one did catch my eye and did not cost very much at all.  I held my breath while I waited to be told.
It is a Stratton unused powder compact made in Wedgewood for the Queens Silver Jubilee in 1977.
Not only that it comes with the original presentation box and............
It is numbered!!
In terms of backed up history and limited editions this is the best example that I have been able to find.  I can not find anything wrong with it at all and the chap I bought it from was very nice, which is not essential but does help.
It goes with one that I have found for Prince Charles and Princess Diana's wedding in 1981 and one for The Queen mother.  I had walked round and round for ages...........it does pay to be patient and I think that it will be even longer before I can find anything that can top this one.
One day my collection will go to Sophie and it is also something that she likes as well.  There is quite a lot of history around the humble powder compact.
Is there anything that you have to still collect?
xx
There is something else I collect but on a much smaller scale.  More on that when I have taken the pictures.
Have a good week.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...