Thursday 19 February 2015

Crochet Blanket - Starting to Join together.

I am visiting my sister  in  law at Seaford and trying out my Samsung for posting.
Due to getting here by train Sophie and I were  limited to what we could carry.  So I  decided to make up some squares and just take the black wool to finish the edge and join together. 
This worked out well and I went from 5 completed and joined squares to 16.
T
I did have a lot of ends to stitch in and it is a pity that we do not have a gerbil  or hamster as this would have made good bedding.
It is much bigger than the above picture shows as I added more.  I need to take another picture.
I have also brought my crochet hook travel pouch which holds everything I need and it does not take up much room in my holdall.
There you go..... miss counted too, it is actually 16 squares and I have used up all of the ones that I brought with me.  However I can see what it could look like and now I just need to decide how many squares I want to make it.
I do want to use up as much of the wool as I can to joining as I go will help plus keeping it even on all sides in case I gave to suddenly stop.
After this I really must try something else but I keep being given drawn back to the cheerful little Granny Square's! 
Have a lovely evening.
We are hopefully off out tomorrow and brave the weather which has taken a turn and I shall take my Samsung and take some pictures and see how it goes as it us very different to my camera,  possibly not as clear but half the fun is experimenting with it.
Take care all.
xx 
P'S
I had 350th page view's yesterday and no comments, please say hello so that I do not think I am completely mad and on my own. 
They are appreciated and I try to reply to them all.
xx
Sausage and Mash for tea..yum!





5 comments:

Twiggy said...

Wow that is looking fab. The weather has been yuck today hasn't it? We had a fun but very soggy outing today. Have fun at your Sisters.
Twiggy

pinkfluffywarrior said...

Hi! Your squares look lovely. I love the traditional granny square! Have fun with your new camera, and I hope you enjoyed your tea!! x

Indigo Blue said...

Thank you ladies, I hope to get this blanket made fairly quickly but it is an evening project when the old brain does not want to have to think too loo much.

Simone Harding said...

Loving your squares

Ali said...

Wow your blankets coming along really well, as is the blogging on the samsung.
Ali xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...