Sunday 14 December 2014

Le Challenge December - INK

When I first saw this challenge theme I thought that I would not be able to come up with an idea. Then it was obvious!  Since September I have been attending a Printing evening class and I have created lots of prints 
( which is why I can not believe that I did not think of this before) but I have decided to select the following.

This a 3 layered lino cut which has then been printed with yellow, red and blue ink.  The lino is about 8cm x 8cm and i have made a select 6 cards at the moment and I hope to make some more this coming week.  
No two prints look the same and even though the ink is put on in the same order, the amount of ink used and the accurate lining up of each lino block can make all the difference.
These lino blocks can also be used individually with just one ink colour to create a much simpler print and other elements could be added.
Printing on brown parcel paper gives yet another look to the ink and when torn out and added to white card stock I ended up with some pretty cool cards.
Have a good week
xx

6 comments:

Twiggy said...

Oooo that looks great.I finished your card last night while I was watching Sherlock :) just got to try and remember to post it now.
Twiggy x

Mina said...

What a great take on the ink theme. I bet that is a fun class

helenjean@midgetgemquilts said...

well done with your cards, they look really good

Lucy | Charm About You said...

They are brilliant! I really like it on the brown paper, it makes a pretty card. I remember doing lino cutting at school and my great grandfather used to make lots of woodblock prints. I think they're beautiful.

Twiggy said...

Ha ha and thank you so much for my lovely card that arrived today :)
It's gorgeous
Twiggy x

Nat at Made in Home said...

I love your hand Printing! Great cards. Thanks for sharing on le challenge!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...