Wednesday 15 October 2014

Le Challenge - October - MIX

I have not taken part in Le Challenge for a couple of months due to holiday and work but I thought I would pop in an item that I started a little while ago and wanted to finish.
The above is a hand stitching on blue linen fabric using a wide MIX of threads and beads.
I used any stitch that I fancied doing as long as it was all in shades of blue with a little bit of silver.
In some places the stitches would result in a hole which added to the appearance of the stitching.
I finished it off by adding some beads which I did not have when I first started this sample and I also added some more french knots, which I really enjoy doing. At the bottom I added more stitching to enlongate the design more.  I bought new threads to add to it as I seem to have run out of blue after making another item for a swap I am in.  
I like producing abstract free form stitching like this and just seeing where it takes me.   So my link to the theme is a MIX of threads, stitches, shapes and shades of blue.
 I am now on the look out for a white frame as the spare one that I have does not fit but I have found a spot on the wall in the hall which is where it will hang.

12 comments:

Made by Mrs Jones x said...

What a lovely piece of work.

Ali said...

I love the randomness of the design and it looks perfect for a winter picture.
Ali xx

legato1958 said...

This is beautiful! I love all of your stitching and the colors!
Susie

Indianna said...

A lovely mixture of techniques.... Mmmm ..the 15th has come around so fast!

Nat at Made in Home said...

Love this abstract interpretation of the theme, thanks for linking up to le challenge!

DeborahGun said...

so beautiful. My favourite shades of blue and so much to just take in and absorb :-)

helenjean@midgetgemquilts said...

well done, a good mix

Sarah Fredette said...

That is absolutely gorgeous!!!

Vera said...

That is looking lovely!

Anonymous said...

That is a superb piece of work. Check out frames in your local Pound shops.

Lucy | Charm About You said...

Wow! I love this, the stitches look so cool and it's really wintery and beautiful! Thanks for linking to le challenge.

Steph Blair said...

beautiful. Inspiring me to learn some embroidery!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...