Tuesday 9 September 2014

Mystery Post! Art Journaling Inspiration.

The same day that my Raydori arrived so did the above hand painted envelope.  I help get some inspiration for my sketchbook and art journalling in general I decided to visit Jennibellies Est web shop and purchase one of her mystery packs.
The envelop is fascinating and all hand painted.
Some of the stamps were of interest because I have just finished my three ATC cards for the September Blissfull Art Group and the theme was Postage Stamps.
Inside there was a hand wrapped package in printed paper.

Insider was a selection of items all of which had been printed on high quality paper from original art work.
Advertising for a Ning page group that I am actually a member.  Link in my side bar.
Some inspiration postcards.
 A letter from Jenniebellie and a print of a hand made Zine, which is a little folded book.  
I have made similar versions with my students at school, in which they  have added objectives ob how to deal with social situations.  Is version is highly coloured and has lots of drawing and even as word search!
I would like to make some more of these and I wonder if they would work with fabric?

There are quotes and hand painted stickers which have been printed on lovely paper.
Quite a range of items to inspire my own  Art Journaling.  Due to laptop problems (again!) this weekend my poor Raydori has not yet been started but this little pack is ready as well as the lovely bits and pieces sent via my ATC swap partner.
There was one link between the two envelopes and that was the fact they both  contained images of butterflies, so perhaps that might be my starting point.  I shall let you know when and how I use the Happpy Post in my new sketchbook.

If you like Art journaling and mat need a little inspiration then pop over to Jenniebellie's Etsy shop which is called Paperclayjunkie.  There is lots more to see.
Best wishes
Have a good week.
xx


2 comments:

Ali said...

What a wonderful package, such lovely items.
Ali xx

Indigo Blue said...

I keep opening up this envelop but as yet still not taken the plunge to use it. This weekend, I am sure I will, she says!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...