I am ashamed to say that I started this Granny Square bag well over a year ago and it went together really quickly. It was intended to use up yarn left over from other knitting projects and I wanted to make some squares but do something a little different with them. There have been many versions of this bag but it was new to me.
I tried to keep the colours separated and once I had worked out how to get the shape I started to sew them together as I went. My first problem was trying to make the straps because at the time of making this bag I was still learning how to crochet and achieve straight edges. I was also in several minds as to the colour of the lining. Then, as usual, I was side tracked with subject changes at work and then of course I started by evening class. Anyway, last week I decided to sort it out, sat down with Attic24 on my computer and refused to move until I had cracked it! I tried to make the straps as tight as possible as I do not want them to stretch with use.
I even managed to make them exactly the same size!! Just before I attached them I did go around the top edge of the bag with a picot stitch which went right first time (on a roll here!) and itdid make the edge much nicer to look at.
My next delay in the months leading up to this completion had been what colour lining fabric to have. After just not being able to find the magic "oh yes that's it" I gave up and went for.....
....................cream! Not very inspiring perhaps but nothing else seemed right. So I cut, pinned and hand stitched it in place.
I even thought to add one of my own labels while I was finishing it off.
The colour is a pretty good match with my work planner, but it will not be put in this bag as it is genuinely far too heavy. I am really pleased with how it turned out, I just wish I had completed it much sooner.
Another WIP done. It is so satisfying.
Next in line is a quilt ,now that is another whole story yet to be told.