Thursday 9 January 2014

My Crochet Progress in 2014

After my small success with the crochet flower on my colleagues ceramic travel cup I decided to have another go.  So after a bit of a search i found issue 22 of Mollie Makes which came with the above kit.
All that is needed was inside the packet and the actual instructions are in the magazine.  So on a rare evening to myself I made a start.
I had to unpick what I was doing SEVEN times and after a while I eventually ended up with what you can see above and I was sooooooo chuffed with myself and I had no one to tell at the time and then Christmas arrived.
The picture does not do the yarn colour justice and I really like the shape that the pattern created.  More to the point  my effort actually look likes the picture!!
This is by far the most complicated pattern.crochet idea I have ever attempted and I feel (well hope) that maybe 2014 might be the year I start to unravel the crochet mystery where decoding the pattern instructions has been my main problem.
My next challenge is to use up the rest of the yarn to make the second coaster and get it to look similar to the first!
Before I go shall we have just one more look at it..........................?


Take care all!

7 comments:

Carol said...

Hope you didn't get any of the flooding, we escaped the very bad weather.
Lovely coaster. I find the easiest crochet patterns/tutorials to follow are Lucy's at Attic 24. They suit my way of working. Carol xx

Carol said...

Hope you didn't get any of the flooding, we escaped the very bad weather.
Lovely coaster. I find the easiest crochet patterns/tutorials to follow are Lucy's at Attic 24. They suit my way of working. Carol xx

Lynne said...

That's lovely wool, I can just see the variation in colour. I can do very basic crochet but find following crochet diagrams quite beyond me. Well done you!

Tracy said...

Looks fab, well done, I found once the crochet bug bites there is no stopping you x

Brynwood Needleworks said...

You have every reason to be chuffed, my friend. It's a wonderful effort!
Happy New Year, Andrea.
xoxo
Donna

dottycookie said...

Well done! I find crochet patterns still a bit baffling but there was a post on Slugs on the Refrigerator about reading pattern diagrams that helped a lot and means I might even attempt some Japanese patterns one of these days!:

http://slugsontherefrigerator.com/reading-a-crochet-chart/

Wendy said...

This turned out so very lovely...I am sure the next one will be just as lovely.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...