Friday 16 August 2013

My exam result is.........


Coursework practical
Regular readers will know that for the past year I have been attending an evening class in an attempt to gain an AS Level in Art and Design: Textiles.  All started off well but fitting all of the work in and creating it  at a decent standard was not easy.
Peek from my sketchbook
As the year wore on work for the day job increased but my Wednesday evening classes was one of the highlights of my week and I loved seeing my work grow and develop.
I have a background in Fashion but the City and Guilds I followed over a decade ago was the closest thing that I had done before this art based course, so I took on quite a sharp learning curve and I am happy to admit that on a couple of occasions I thought I may have bitten off more than I could chew with a full time job and family.
**************************
Anyway....fast forward to August and I emailed my tutor yesterday to ask how to find my result on the secure website only to be told that I could have collected it on Wednesday and now I would need to wait for the post to arrive on Friday (or maybe Saturday).
Thankfully at 2pm today, there was a light thump on the door mat and there was my envelope.
So........................
For the coursework I got an       A grade
For my exam work                    A grade

Phew!!!!!
Could have gone either way ya know.
So on Monday I shall be ringing up the college to sign up for the second year so that I can gain a full A'Level and lots of ideas to develop for use in my day job.
I then celebrated with a nice cup of tea!  Pity there was no cake in the house but maybe that is just as well.
I should get my work back in October and then I would like to show the work that I created.
I really am pleased and I have a silly grin on my face and it is now late evening!

The rest of the day has been taken up with Sophie having a school friend round for a sleep over so I am only posting this now.
Take care all.
xx

5 comments:

Lynne said...

Oh well done, JAne! Jolly well done - it isn't easy to commit to study-even stuff you really enjoy- once you have left full-time education. Now all your efforts have paid off and with excellent results, so pleased for you; you will start the next part with renewed vigour and enthusiasm, knowing your work is well up to scratch and that you aren't wasting your time. Really looking forward to seeing your coursework samples. Well done again! Lynne.x

Plain Jane said...

Oh I'm tempted to do an 'A' level in textiles but can't quite get around to committing the time. Well done you though - brilliant grades! Jane x

Anonymous said...

Well now, I had every confidence that you would get those grades! Well done!

Wendy said...

Well done! You should be patting yourself on the back...good luck in the future course as well.

Ali said...

Congratulations I am so pleased for you. All your hardwork paid off. You definitely deserve a cake.
Ali x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...