Friday 14 December 2012

It's starting to look a lot like Christmas......

We are going away for Christmas, but caved in and got our tree and decorated it this week. We hope to have friends round when we get back so it seemed odd to find one.  We buy ours from a local farm who I presume has a Christmas tree field.  I am sure it is not quite like that but Sophie loves the ideas of a field filled with Christmas trees?
We have been getting all Christmasy at work too and my tutor group had great fun making these during a tutor session.
We used white card templates which most students then painted either red or green.
From then on it was like some kind of glitter fest............tinsel, glitter, star stickers.........
Pompoms, more glitter, felt tip pen, drawings,  even more glitter
Silver and gold paint, tissue paper.......
and finally...yes, you guessed it..........yet more glitter.
In less than an hour my classroom looked like a million fairies had flown through.  Even the cleaner had to laugh at the end of the day!  They look really impressive hanging along the windows.  Will have to think what we could do next year.
Many thanks for all of your kind words concerning my hip situation.  No more to say on that until after my referral appointment in the New Year. 
xx
 


7 comments:

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Those stockings are fantastic...take care

Анна Гончарова said...

Прекрасно!!! очень красиво!!!

Carol said...

The stockings look great. I bet it was a lovely time for the children.
Carol xx

Ali said...

Beautiful stockings. When my kids brought home anything from school with glitter it got everywhere. It certainly makes Christmas sparkly. Having a catch up at the moment and read your last post re hips. Glad to hear it's not serious but I appreciate the pain can be awful, hope you manage to get control of that. My Uncle recently had a hip replacement and relief from the pain is wonderful. Hope you have a lovely weekend.
Ali x

wonderwoman said...

gorgeous stockings! hope you have a great christmas. xx

Annie Cholewa said...

That tree looks gorgeous. I really must try and get my decorations up, we've nothing so far unless a small felt Christmas tree counts!

Tatkis said...

Wonderful Christmas tree!
And those stockings looks so fun and cute :)

Hugs,
Tatyana

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...