Sunday 26 August 2012

Exam results- My groups did GOOD

That time of year again and as a Year 11 Form Tutor and subject teacher I really wanted to see how everyone had done.
My students did very well, gaining the grades that I said they would.  Lots of very happy faces last Thursday.  There was a lovely atmosphere and it was amazing how much they had all changed since we last saw them.

My tutor group also did very well and I am sure that we shall look at the results in more detail in the new term.  I main concern was that they were pleased with their results, able to mover on to the next stage such as college or job and that they had no regrets.  I spoke to  nearly all of them last Tuesday and the smiles (some of  relief) said it all.
The past 5 years have really flown by and I shall really miss all 28 of them.  Over the years I have worked with quite a few groups ranging from 1 to 5 years in time and I can honestly say that they have been the nicest, most fun, good all round group that I have been given.
  Tough act for the next group in September.
We had an award assembly just before they left and we won the highest attendance over the 5 years plus best overall Tutor Group. 
Many would say we were quite low key, did not appear to be top all the time but I think that the key was consistency over the years and just keep plodding away, which we did.....me included.
I have quickly met my new group and the first signs are looking good.
So well done to my old group, I shall miss you loads............hello to my new group and here is to the next 5 years!!!!!
xx 

3 comments:

Pomona said...

Hope you have a good term. It is so satisfying when your pupils get good results - well done!

Pomona x

Tatkis said...

Wow, great news about your group's results and achievements!
And good luck with new guys :)

Hugs,
Tatyana

Ali said...

Glad to hear your group did so well. I was so relieved when my son got his results and found out he'd passed. I couldn't stand waiting to watch 28 student open them.
Well done to them all and their wonderful teacher.

Ali x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...