Saturday 19 May 2012

Olympic Flame in Cornwall

Well we went into St Austell and found our spot and waited for what seemed like forever!  
As we got out of the car a friend called out so we and our daughters went off to find our spot.
We were at the front on our spot but you know what it is like and by the time anything was happening we were no longer at the front.
So we did the best that we could with our pictures.
We were stood there for nearly 90 mins but then eventually some large buses and coaches paraded through.
Cheerleaders.
Olympic coach.
With the motto and logo on the side.
Lots of buses with the support crew and music etc
Hundreds of people.
The next few pictures are the results of a group effort.  You can just about see the torch bearer top left as you look  at the photo.
Just going out of shot but you can see me bottom left wearing the flowery fleece top with the black background.
I kept snapping away and this was the best I got.  A hand, torch and lots of smiling faces!  My friends daughter got a better shot and said she would email it to me so I may be able to show it later.
So it past me within a few feet.  It is now on its way to Lanivet in mid Cornwall and should be in Plymouth by about 8.50pm.  I had hoped for a better picture but there were so many people out to watch, but that is a good thing and it looks like it is going to be a very exciting 10 weeks leading up to the Opening Ceremony.
As we were walking back to the car we caught up with one of the smaller buses and we saw........
...what looked like spare Torches.  They really are much more shiny in real life.  There was about 8 of them and it was quite a surprise to see them.  
Plus this little character stuck to the window.
If you are able to log into the BBC website you should be able to see a route and additional information.
One of my students is going to carry the torch along Plymouth Hoe tonight and I wish her all the best.
xx

2 comments:

dottycookie said...

Oh, how exciting! I am very excited about it coming to Cambridge, and we are planning to go in and meet it (along with thousands of others, I suspect).

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

So so exciting....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...