Wednesday 18 January 2012

Crochet WIP Progress

A few posts back I said that I was making up a series of Granny squares.  Well I have now made them and stitched them together.
I have been using up wool that could not be used for anything really that big other than knitting or Crochet.  I tried to spread out the colours across the squares.
By curving round one square I will be able to transform the squares into a bag.  My next step will be to sort out a pattern for the lining so that the bag does not over stretch and things do not fall through the crochet.
I hope to have a final view really soon, but I need to crochet the edging and make some handles too.  I have seen some similar bags on the Internet but I have figured out the shape and layout myself and considering I am fairly new to crochet I am quite pleased with how it is looking.
Anyway, time to go to my little sewing group and see how my quilt wip is progressing, I have not touched it since last summer.
PS.  Many thanks for all of the lovely comments regarding Tiger.  It was a very sad day but he is recorded here on my blog and we have talked about him lots this week.  Toffy seems ok but has stayed very close to the house this passed week.
xx  

8 comments:

Wendy said...

This is just gorgeous and I love the colors you have used.

Laurie said...

Pretty!

Brynwood Needleworks said...

Beautiful! Hope you post a photo of your finished piece.
xoxo
Donna

Tatkis said...

Those yarn colours are lovely! Great process!

Hugs,
Tatyana

Jo said...

the granny squares look great, well done, can't wait to see it finished!

Josie x

ps) there is a handmade bag giveaway on my blog, still one week left to enter.

Carol said...

Great design, look forward to seeing it completed.
I'm making a blanket which is excellent for using up scraps.
Have a lovely weekend.
Carol xx

Lynn said...

What a great way to use leftover yarn. Very pretty!

WendyCarole said...

Love the colour combinations

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...