Monday 15 February 2010

Cath Kidston - Spring time bag

A new addition to my Etsy shop is this floral bag which I finished just before the start of the new year. There are other colourways to this in both my Folksy and Etsy shop. It is my own design and pattern and I really enjoy making these. Free shipping for all in the UK for this item and other bags featured on Etsy. If you would like one for Mother's Day on Folksy then I will extend that offer to bags featured there as well.


The strap can be adjusted by sliding the strap through the ring and re-positioning the knot. So it can be used across the body or as a shorter shoulder bag or a handbag. I like to be able to adjust the strap and make a feature of the fact too. Lovely Cath Kidston fabric and linen look cotton were used to make this......................

I also like having external pockets for finding things quickly such as my keys, mobile etc. This pocket goes the full length and width of the bag too.

I have made several of these bags and no two are the same. My rebellion against mass production and I do not think that I am alone in thinking that one of a kind handmade is better, especially when it comes to presents. Well, off to do some sewing with Sophie.

I have a knitting tale to post tomorrow.

See you then.

xx

11 comments:

Gina said...

Very pretty bag and a lovely design.

jo said...

That bag is so pretty!
Bet your enjoying half term.

Jo xx

wonderwoman said...

what a gorgeous bag - i'm sure it will be snapped up!!!

xx

Indigo Blue said...

I hope so Maria as I have aleady cut out another version to make up.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Fantastic bag, love the design..

Unknown said...

That's a great bag , love the full length zipper , clever !

Kitty said...

That's a really lovely bag.

It's also a lovely new layout here since I last visited!

x

Indigo Blue said...

Hi Kitty,
Yes, I have fancied a change with the layout of my blog for some time. I was a bit worried that i might delete everything but luckily all went well.

Louise said...

What a fabulous bag, it is so beautifully made, and perfect for the summer. I wish my Mum had taught me sewing like you are with Sophie. x

Unknown said...

Super nice collection you are displaying...Very pretty bag and a lovely design, specially love the full length zipper.

Thanks.

------------------
Fragrances

Perfume Shop said...

I am total agree with Gina Very pretty bag with lovely design.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...