Thursday 4 February 2010

Felt Birthday Book

I has been a little while since I made a small felt book cover and my sister's birthday gave me a good reason to make another. The idea being that it could be used for anything including shopping lists or making notes at work.


I went back to my funky flowers design and added hand embroidery. I used metal brads to go in the middle of the flowers to add a little bit of texture.

I like to add a bit of interest inside the cover as well so here I added some green leaves and more hand embroidery. Blanket stitch is also a favourite and it also adds some strength to the edges.

I do have several of these already cut out so this has given me the push to finish them. I shall put them on my Folksy shop ready for Easter.

Bye for now.

6 comments:

Together We Save said...

Oh so cute!! My girls would love it!!

Twiggy said...

Gorgeous, you are clever. The colours are just lovely.
Twiggy x

wonderwoman said...

o that it soo lovely - i bet she was thrilled!!

xxx

Anonymous said...

This is younger sister here and the felt book cover is just as lovely in reality. It was a great gift and I already have a use lined up for it!!!XXX

Gone to Earth said...

That's a beautiful book cover. I'm sure your sister will love it.

Mary Welsh Hubbard said...

I love that cover. So cute.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...