For now another recycled scarf bag to show you.
This time I decided to add another technique so that if this idea was used for a project more skills could be added so I settled for applique.
Using a flower template that I already had I cut out some flower shapes using blue and white cotton fabric and some centres using a dark blue fabric.
I stuck the centres to the flowers using bondaweb. The bondaweb will not work on the blue scarf because there is a slight pile to it, it feels a bit like fake suede therefore preventing it from sticking properly.I then set my sewing machine to satin stitch. I always do a little sample to test the size of the stitch first. I used a pale blue thread that I already had in my stash.
Then the two handles were tied together in the middle and hey presto. It is amazing how different this looks to the last bag! I was lucky in finding this scarf too, bit I think that cutting an old pillow case in the right way would give you the right amount of fabric or even any rectangular piece would do. I am very pleased with how this turned out and I will be keeping my eyes open for more scarves as I am definitely using this idea in the Autumn term.
Hopefully normal blogging will resume this coming week. Just battling with Technology at the moment!