Monday 17 August 2009

I am a calender Girl!!!......

Not that kind of Calendar, tut,tut!
.................................................
You may remember waaaayyyy back in January I had an email from an editor in America enquiring about using one of my tutorials in a sewing calender. I emailed her back, took some new pictures etc and then forgot about it.

Whilst changing our calendar from July to August I remembered the email and enquired if my tutorial had in fact been used. It has!!!!!

I have been sent a complimentary copy which arrived here on Saturday morning, a little bashed about but never mind.



The lid is held down with covered magnets built into the box edges. When you open it there are explanation pages and a contents section. There are over a 100 projects to choose from.

The editor saw my juggle bag tutorial on my blog and asked if it could be used. It appears in October 11th/12th/13th days. They used the newer pictures that I took which do look much better, lighter as I took these ones outside.

The lid folds round so that the box can sit up.

Each project has a sheet of instructions which opens up to 8.5" x 11" which I think is about A5. This certainly a calendar worth keeping during the year but also once the year has ended.

This is available on Amazon and I think at a reduced price at the moment. I do not get any finical gain from this project. There are several other bloggers whose work features too such as Amy @ Lucykatecrafts and Rachel @ rachelrabbit. There are other bloggers whose projects I recognise from surfing the Internet. An original idea and I have seen other calendars too, there is one for Knitting and Crochet too. Only my hubby knew about this being in the pipeline in case nothing came of it and I have been busting to tell!

WIP: I am cutting up loads of strips for the Christmas Swap Quilt Block that I have signed up for. A package arrived from one of my swap group members this morning so I had better get a move on. Hopefully I will have something to show you on this tomorrow as it is linked with a particular tutorial that you may like to try. I will include the link as well.

I will then move onto launching my Christmas Swap for this year, a different theme this time. Having problems with the swap button again but I will get there.

I have a friend calling in for lunch tomorrow so a bit of housework is called for....but maybe I could get that fabric cut up first....yes?

Bye xx

15 comments:

Gina said...

Congratulations on being published

love and hugs Gina xxx

Twiggy said...

Wow that's fab news well done. I'm off for a nosey at amazon as I'd LOVE one of those calendars. Can't wait for your Chrimbo Swap too.
twiggy x

Chocolate Cat said...

Wow, I know a 'calender girl'!!! Congratulations, how exciting.

Bagladee said...

Congrats, it looks fab!!
xx

Kathleen said...

Congratulations! That's just the coolest thing! I hope to get my hands on a copy of it someday. What a treasure it would be!

Cheers!

ladybelle said...

Congratulations on the calendar!! I'm so excited for you and so proud to know you, sort of.

SewArtsy said...

Wow! How great is that! Congrats!
Amy

JuliaB said...

congratulations Andrea! Brilliant news! x

silverpebble said...

That's wonderful - so exciting for you! You must be thrilled!

Louise said...

It's such a compliment to your work to have it published. Well done you. It is nice to have a copy of the finished book too. x

Anonymous said...

congratulations! that's so exciting!
Missy

Anonymous said...

That is so exciting! Congrats Mz October!

Mary Welsh Hubbard said...

Congratulations - That's awesome!

maria said...

Well done, you must be very proud.

Darling Petunia said...

Congratulations on the calendar! I would be dancing with excitement! (Well, maybe not right now, but under ordinary, non sick circumstances.)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...