Friday 17 July 2009

Quilt Around the World Block 6....

I was visiting one of the first blogs I found over two years ago, Mollychicken, and she was experimenting with uneven log cabin strips. By having strips with different widths means that stash busting can be even more extensive.

So the above block is made up of different widths following the colour scheme started and I think it has turned out quite well. I am pleased with the colour combination.

I have posted this block off today and I already have the next one lined up. Completely different colour scheme, I may need dark glasses! I really want to try out another block style for the next one but at the same time TIME is an issue as I am still trying to catch up little from having been in France with the school. I shall have a think tonight. I may need to put a quilt block book on my birthday/Christmas list.

The rain has stopped at long last and we are actually sitting on the decking that hubby made last week during the rain. I shall try to get pictures of it this weekend.

Enjoy the evening!

xx

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I can see why your pleased with it, the fabrics are wonderful and your colour combinations are perfect...
enjoy the dry weather while you can... we've had hellish thunderstorms all day!

great blog... pleased to meet you by the way...

Indigo Blue said...

Many thanks Nu and hello to you as a new visitor to my blog.

Gone to Earth said...

I love this block. I can just see it as part of a whole quilt top...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...