Tuesday 10 February 2009

Powder Compacts continued...

Due to the Christmas preparations I got a little side tracked with my compact collection posting. There are couple more that I bought but did not get around to showing you.

This one caught my eye on Ebay and I do go for what I have not already got but also what is eye-catching and will be interesting to see in the cabinet. It is made by Vogue Vanities and everything is intact. Very clean and looks great with all of the others.

The maker of this one is not so obvious. It is a lovely little compact and there is no damage to the lid at all. The mirror is intact and again looks really good with all of the others. I use very small plate stands which enables some to be stood up as well as lying down. I have pretty much filled the cabinet and will need to either stop or get another. I intend to pass these onto Sophie when she is older. Ebay has been quite a good source but it never replaces the fun of going to fairs and car boots and stumbling on one by yourself.

My knitting is moving along and I have knitted nearly 4 more squares. I thought that I might put some in my luggage when I go the Disney to do in the evening. I am determined to get it finished! The wool mountain has been commented on so it needs to be used up. I thought that with any left overs I would make some granny squares.

I have actually posted quite early this evening. I want to mark a couple of files, watch 'Larkrise to Candleford' on BBC iplayer , knit and then go to bed. Now can I fit all of that in do you think?

Take care

xx

5 comments:

MelMel said...

I used to collect compacts.....sold them all a while back...too many collections..:>(((
Your ones are lovely!
The bag below is lovely!xxx

Kitty said...

Beautiful compacts - I especially like the top one. x

Lesley's Creations said...

What beautiful compacts. Your bag on the previous post is lovely and the detail on the handle makes it especially different. xx

MelMel said...

The Brighton shop is tricky to find..:>)
Hope you come across it next time, its got a lovely vintage feel...

My friend is going to St Ives next week, she has promised some of the craft fabric, I'm choosing the 3 I like, because you can buy 50cm's...yippee!
i'm planning to trim my old demin skirt with one of them....to cheer it up for summer....and maybe make some cover beads to wear as a necklace...:>))xx

JuliaB said...

ooh Andrea they are beautiful! How many do you have now? I used to have my grandmother's old compact but i don't know what happened to it. x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...