Saturday 24 January 2009

Beautiful Buttons....

I have recently joined The Button Floozies and if you love, adore or covet buttons you might like to go and take a look.

I have been promoting the use of buttons with my students and I think that what puts them off using buttons is the fact that they have to be sewn on individually! I am gradually winning them around and even though they can see that buttons can be found on all sorts of items, such as accessories, clothes etc as a form of embellishment the 'ok I will give it a go' is not quite there. So I am going to try another tactic. I am going to make something else using buttons!

Button Company is an on-line shop that I first saw at creative stitches a few years ago and I have always loved their button necklaces. At the time I decided to buy this button bracelet kit which I have worn many times.
They are not cheap but I have not done or been anywhere since New Year and it will keep me busy making it so I have been a naughty girl and ordered this...
Picture of necklace @ Button Company.


The button Company also have a blog link which you might like to have a look at too. So my kit will probably get here about Wednesday or Thursday which will give me time to finish off a couple of other items.

January has been a surprisingly good month for 'firsts'. The chance to have one of my tutorials in a calender, changes to my Etsy shop, joining other groups such as Twitter. Then last weekend I received a commission enquiry via Etsy Convo and I have made a start on it tonight. I am really chuffed with this as it is for a lady in America, we have sent each other several emails and I love making for a specific need. Fantastic. I am saying no more until it is finished and hopefully I can blog about it once it has safely arrived in America. It is all very exciting!
Well better go Ballet lesson again tomorrow.
xx

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That button necklace is really unusual. Have fun with your button kit.

Chocolate Cat said...

Can't wait to see your finished button necklace! I have a red one which I love - so much fun to make.

Twiggy said...

Can't wait to see the finished item. I've got a gorgeous button braclet my friend bought me for my birthday last year. Will have to join Button Floozies, sounds right up my street!
Twiggy x

Tina Peacock said...

Hi, thought I'd pay you a visit on your blog to say hi after seeing you on Button Floozies. Lovely blog! Feel free to visit me back at http://mollimoo.blogspot.com/
Oops, I don't think the link worked but hey ho! Nice to meet you x

Anonymous said...

Oh I love the button floozies website...I have visited it and drooled many times as I'm a big collecter as well. And congrats on a commission...that's exciting!

Kitty said...

I am a huge fan of buttons - so am off to check out your links now! Would your students be interested in making button jewellery? Or maybe brooches made of felt, which use buttons? x

Leah said...

I'm a button Floozie too! I love that necklace!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...