Thursday 6 November 2008

Survived.....but beating a retreat to my bed...

Well I survived the meetings and only had two particularly bad coughing fits which resulted in me nearly vomiting and my eyes streaming, and lots of catching my breath and spluttering here and there. One parent said I should go home and another, the last appointment, I do not think knew what to make of it. Oh well, it really could not be helped. Everyone is really happy, settled and pleased with progress and I was called lovely by one Mum which made my day!


However I have talked and coughed myself to a stand still (11.30am to 7.30pm) and I am not going into work tomorrow. The inhaler is not helping and I do not want this to develop into Bronchitis again.
I would like to say a big thank you for all the lovely comments to get better, it really lifts your spirits, and the reaction to Sophie leaving her slippers on was great.
Not having Chocolate in the Survival Kit was pointed out! Horror, how did I overlook that, so it has been added. I shall post my latest make tomorrow for the quiltie swap and my knitted little hats. I am off to bed know.
Take care, keep warm and I shall see you tomorrow.


XX

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds so miserable. I'm so sorry you're sick. Get lots of rest. And yes, chocolate too. :)

Ally Jay said...

At least you survived. Even if it was without chocolate. Glad you had a good fireworks night. It's very low key here in NZ, as it doesn't get dark until 9pm. Fireworks are only on sale for a week and there are very few organised displays.

ZONE F DG TEAM said...

Get well soon.

Did I miss the tutorial for the pin cushion???

Gina said...

Hope you feel better soon.

jo said...

Thanks for popping over to my blog. Had never really thought of doing a tutorial, it takes me so long to just do a normal post I will see what I can do. I got the pattern from an old prima magazine so may be able to scan it and send you an email. I'm not that good with the computer and Jacko is away at uni now so got no one to help me (hubby is as bad as me!).

Hope you will soon be on the mend, take it easy today, feet up, good book and a cup of hot chocolate.

Jo

Gone to Earth said...

Being able to rewt without the need to talk will hopefully help. You really don't need bronchitis..Enjoy some nice soothing and warm drinks and be kind to yourself. Hope you soon feel a better. Take care.Jx

Kitty said...

Oh dear ... as someone who has had pleurisy and pneumonia, I know how horrible it is not to be able to breathe properly. I hope you feel much better after some time in a warm bed.

Take care. xx

April said...

Hope you feel better soon

April xx

MelMel said...

Poor you!
Keep warm....i have my mum here now helping me, so i'm taking a short break...
I hope it is just the thought of OFSTED....causing this, because i really cannot afford to get ill..
Take care!
Melx

MelMel said...

Nah she whacked me when i went to help put a brick on her tower, she lifted it and the whole thing got me right in the face and forehead....:>)) that will teach me for joining in! LOL!!

Louise said...

Poor you, you really don't sound at all well. I hope you have some time today to relax and shake off this bug. x

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Hope you feel brighter soon!! The parents are so lucky having such a dedicated teacher. Have a great weekend.

Craft Matters said...

Hiya! Thanks for popping over to my blog - thought I would return the compliment. Lots to see here - you make some lovely things. I'll definintely be back :). Hope you feel better soon.

Julie said...

Well done on your successful Parents evening. I hope you feel much better soon. Get plenty of hot drinks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...