Monday 19 May 2008

Some of my Fav blogs 1... Joanna Bags

Recently I did some features on my sketch books and the kind responses were wonderful. It has given me a push to do more of my sketch books which have taken a back seat for some time. Now I would like to feature some of my fav blogs over the next few weeks. There are loads and loads and all in my side bar are my favourites but this particular blog was one of the reasons why I started blogging and it caught my eye.

Joanna Bags caught my eye because... guess what?.. yes because of my love of bags ( I have far too many) and my love of making them too.

Bags such as these:
Joanna makes different types of bags but her basket bags are particulalry nice and I would love to know how she stiffens them so well. Her choice of handles are also inspirational. I tend to make slightly more softer bags although I do have a stiffened shape bag waiting to be started but only after Sophie's quilt and I have summoned up the courage!

Also Joanna uses little details like this. I like making Yo Yo's for lots of things and clustering them adds an interesting touch.
Plus bright and bold fabrics such as the above are used in her designs. Joanna has recently moved from blogger to wordpress and has opened and Etsy shop.
Last week I was lucky enough to be a winner her give-away competition because this lady can also make items of jewellery too! I recieved a lovely ring in shades of blue which is featured a couple of posts back.
Joanna also has two lovely children who she often writes about which are fun to read at the end of a long day.
So do pop over to her blog, say I sent you and have a good look round and say Hi !
XXX

PS Just had to show you what I found .. Meet my new virtual pet Purl the sheep. Find this and more here for free. Bunny Hero.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

extrememly flattered thank you very much. It makes a lovely birthday present.

Marmadaisy said...

I agree! I love Joanna's blog, and she's a lovely lady too!

Unknown said...

that bags is to die for!! i love it and so interesting to read about the attic conversion. We never have them here :)

zakkalife said...

I can see why you like her handbags, they're lovely.

jo said...

I too like to read Joanna's blog and drool over the wonderful bags she makes.

picciolo said...

hi, great feature! And your attic is going to look amazing, I love the unusual shape of the new stairs. It looks like it is all coming together now
: )

Twiggy said...

Lovely bags, will go and have a nosey at the blog now!
Twiggy x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...