Tuesday 29 January 2008

Website and Purses

Well.... due to prolonged ill health which is now sorted out, then Christmas, New Year, going back to work etc it sort of went on the back burner. I have been busy making things and looking for supplies to put on it and other services to offer, such as a making up service. So I have not given up on it at all.
Below are a couple of zipped purses that will be going on the website as well as others which I have yet to take pictures of:
This has been made from a crazy patchwork bag that I made and then changed my mind about it.
This zipped purse has been made from a good quality oil cloth apron. Both are fully lined and have a front pocket, fabric loop, split ring and canibarier clasp on it. (I think that is how you spell it.) Others have been made using many fabrics, one of my favourites is a zipped purse made from Kath Kidston fabric.
You may remember that this purse was made to go with my November entry on the U-handbag Amy Butler Bag competition. I have not entered since and I really must make up the next one. I have the pattern, just need the time.
I based all of these purses on a tutorial on U-handbag blog. The link is in the margin and it is really good, as is the whole blog and webshop.
I hope to have more photos of knitting and a felted bag that I think is in need of embellishment which I actually knitted and felted myself without damaging the bag or wrecking my washing machine!

1 comment:

Nan said...

Nicely done! I like the last one best, but that's just because I LOVE the handbag you made with the same fabric, it's just so beautiful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...